Anderson’s Martial Arts Academy is known for its ability to provide quality instruction from top-level, experienced martial artists and fitness professionals. We are an academy of higher learning and standards.
Private Lessons are offered in both Martial Arts and Fitness, including specific areas (see details below).
Our instructors have been groomed to teach directly under Sifu Dan Anderson and have several years experience in the arts. They have been battle-tested in the field of competition and have learned through technique-driven classes, not only how to execute their talents and expertise, but also how to teach and pass on their knowledge of the arts to others.
While all students will receive top-level training in our classes, private lessons are a great way to enhance your understanding, fine tune ability, receive valuable training methods and fix body mechanics. Private lessons provide individual attention focused solely on the development of your skill. Learning a martial art, or several, is a multi-sensory, complex activity requiring hours of training and precision-based understanding. Every student learns differently, so when you are able to get personalized attention from our instructors, it will expedite your skill as a martial artist and help you keep up with class curriculum.
All instructors can design a curriculum based on your specific preference and help you meet any short-term or long-term goals.
ADVANTAGES OF PRIVATE LESSONS
- Individual attention: Private lessons focus on the individual’s strengths and weaknesses. Everyone has a different approach to learning, so getting one-on-one attention will help to provide this person with all the tools needed to progress him/her in a way he/she fully understand.
- Appropriate pace: A group class involves students of many skill levels and depending on where you fit in you might feel you are not getting the individual attention you need. Private lessons go at the student’s learning pace, stopping whenever necessary to review concepts, repeat material, or explore a topic the student shows an interest in.
- Skills development: For more advanced students, private attention is needed to work on acute, detailed issues as well as advanced interpretation. Issues such as technique and precision are also better dealt with privately.
- Progress: Progress is almost always faster in a private lesson than in a group lesson.
- Stability: Private lessons can be tailor-made for each student, separate and apart from the needs of the group. Your journey is different than anyone else, and it can be fostered in a more specified way with private lessons.
AREAS OF TRAINING
- Specific Arts: Jeet Kune Do, Kali, Weapons, Brazilian JiuJitsu, Muay Thai, Boxing, Silat, MMA
- Specific Goals: Self defense, Competition, An Area or Range of Combat
- Fitness & Health: Strength, Mobility, Flexibility, Agility, SAQ, Weight-loss
- Other Fitness Privates: Kettlebells, Pilates
Feel free to click below and read about, and find the instructor you feel is right for you. For special rates our instructors can travel.
If you are not sure which instructor, or area of training is right for you then please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily help you find the right choice.
TRY PRIVATE TRAINING?
call us 212.766.6622